S.M. Chong Hwa - Secondary school
The first day of class, it's such a co-incident or should I say faith and fate that both of us are ordered to sit side by side in the classroom. And... yup. That's when she started to get my attention.

03 July 1991

It was her birthday. I really wanted to give her something as a present but I didnt have my pocket money from my parents back then and I was so shy to get money from them with such reason. Instead, I just passed her a mechanical pencil that my brother picked up somewhere else with a simple wish at the end of the day. What is worse is that the mechanical pencil uses 0.7 lead which is a really rare "species".
-- This paragraph of story is what she told me. I've totally forgotten about it. If such story is true, then that pencil will be the very first present I ever give to other people. But was I that stingy??!!

Notice the stickers she sticked on the pen.

She never get to use it yet she keep it until now. I'm so touched and feel sorry for her when I knew about this. (I promise myself from now on that I will give her the best I can when I can.)

It's very true when people said that you won't appreciate what is before your eyes until you lose it. I never knew about my feeling until form 2 that we were eventually in seperate classes after 7 years. Since then, I lost my guts to talk to her and we didnt have any proper rendezvous as she, as well, has the same feeling to me (since when? ask her). I still remember that me and my best friend kind of stalked her and came out with all sorts of stupid ideas on how to get a chance to talk to her. Here's 1 of them...

My friend, who was a delinquent back then, will asked some of his friends (of the same kind) to wait her and tease her during the recess time at a corridor where it's always dark and desserted. We knew she'll walked through the corridor everyday to her class. Then, here I'll be a hero to save her. Through this, I thought I would be able to get her attention or at least a chance to talk to her which is more than enough.

Childish but quite practical. We actually planned through this in detail - gather the boys, conversation, and time were set. However, we didn't execute it again because of my guts.

Then, 1 girl, " girl A" appeared to offer help for both of us. Girl A was a good friend of mine and, with 2 other girls they were very close friends with her as well. However girl A has a crush on me (and I didn't know about this). She pretended to be very friendly and helpful by passing on messages. No one knew she actually passed on the false one all the while. At the end of form 2, both of us (me and Casley) found out that we hated each other but in reality we still like each other. She told me that Casley knew I was stalking her and with all the rumours about me liking her, she was really mad at me.

I was really sad when I knew about it but....