29 November 2009

And here I come again... This time with a lamer excuses in order to see her. I asked her if she wants to come over my house to use the internet for her blog and FFS. I knew that is lame but the one who accepts it must be desperate. To my great surprise and joy, she agreed!


Here is it. (from left) Casley's laptop, mine and then my bro's desktop.

I gave her one Whittaker's chocolate bar from NZ.

Casley's blog about this here.


4 December 2009

I called her up during the traffic jam on the way back from work. I couldn't think of anymore excuses. Haha. But while we were chatting, she told me that her parents were out and she and her sis will have to make their own dinner - OPPORTUNITY. Hehe.

I really wanted to invite her out for dinner but my mum already cooked mine. So I will just have to get a takeaway for her. Meeting up with her for just a few seconds is better than nothing. At least we interacted. And this time another appalling discovery - (ok, only if you are staying in Setapak or somewhere nearby) she never tries the famous hokkien noodles at the back of Tawakal Hospital! (The back street?! Sounds like a doggy place but I guarantee you that it's legit.) Alright this is not as shocking as Ramly burger but still she'd been staying here since she was born! Even people faraway knows about this.

Ta-da... The famous hokkien noodle I mentioned. Originated (I heard that) from KL (not Fujian, China though it's called "hokkien" noodle) and only available in some part of Malaysia. Definitely a delicacy for tourists.

The fried rice. With the intense fire where we couldn't get with household stoves, it manages to seperate every single rice but not drying it up and with eggs sticking at the side of the rice but not merging. Simply delicious, and a must-try.


One of the sides - fish cake. Crispy outer layer wrapping around the tender and juicy meat. Just look at it will make you drool...

Of course there are a lot more choices you can order. For non local, here's the details of the place:
Along Jalan Pahang, Setapak, you will see the Tawakal Hospital after a petrol station. Turn left into the street right after the hospital and keep going straight. The stall will be right in front of you.

Casley's blog about this here.